I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

June 11, 2011

06/09/2011: Mr. B

On my birthday I invited an old high school friend who happened to be in town. He happened to be hanging out with an out of town friend that night who he brought. The friend of my friend ended up being really fun and personable; he got along with my friends and was engaging. 
A day later my friend we exchanged phone numbers and began texting.
Mr. B lives out of town but he was passing through next week and wanted to meet for dinner and a movie. I agreed.
A week passes and it was the day of our date- we decided to meet close to my apartment at El Torito up in the bar area. We sit and about 5 minutes later my high school friend (who I originally invited to my birthday) walks up and sits with us. Mr. B had invited him on our date! Was it a date? I was confused.
My friend and Mr. B end up talking through dinner about motorcycles, leaving me to eat alone. I was about ready to just leave and chalk it up to another bad date when Mr. B asked to come over for a little bit to watch a movie. Usually against my rules, but guess what...? My friend came along too so I felt safe! LOL
I came to the conclusion this was just a friendly hang out. Mr. B hadn't even talked much to me, let alone make any pass at me.
We ended up watching "Grandma's Boy" on my couch.
awesome.
The next day I got a text from Mr. B saying he had a great time and next time he was in town he wanted to meet up again.
Odd.

No comments: