I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

August 19, 2011

8/18/2011: Mr. Chocolate

No, MR. Chocolate is not in reference to an African American man....
Mr. Chocolate and I had exchanged numbers about a half year ago and we hadn't talked at all since...until a few days ago when I randomly went thru my phone and decided to text him out of the blue. We had never met up and I can't remember why, but I thought what the heck?
I invited him to a bbq I was having for my girlfriend who had just come home from a month long trip and we were just trying to get bodies to come and eat the 5lbs of carne asada she had gotten (maybe a little over-exaggeration)...
He texted back and said he couldn't make it but that we should set something up for next weekend, or sooner. Two days later I text him inviting him to Taco Tuesday and he writes back saying he is seeing someone, but has tons of single guy friends he wants to introduce me to....I'm fine with that...honesty and hook up to where the single guys hang! I tell him I have a single girlfriend and lets for sure set something up for the weekend....he agrees and we leave it at that.
2 days pass and I get a text...from Mr. Chocolate, just saying "hey". I reply and let him know there is karaoke and beer pong at a bar tonight. It's Thursday. I tell him to tell his friends because both me and my girlfriend are going. He replies back, "I'm bringing myself". Confused, I ask, "no friends?" he replied with "there have been some developments in the past couple days"....which meant the girl he had been seeing, he ain't seeing no more.
Now, it's been so long since I've talked to or even seen the profile page for this guy. I can't remember what he looks like, all I know is his profession which I have him as in my phone "Chocolatier"....I go with it though because if I gave him my number 6 months ago and took his, I am sure I was attracted to him somehow!
I get to the bar, and order my usual, water.
My girlfriend comes in and a couple other friends, then Mr. Chocolate walks thru the door. My gf looks at me and asks "Is that him?!" I glance quickly to the door and turn back to her and say "I HAVE NO IDEA" but he is CUTE! I think we even shared a school girl giggle over him for a second before he approached the table.
By far the most attractive pof guy I've met. 
A little shorter than my usual, and it didn't help that I had on my highest heels, but he was still within my height range. And he is creative and talented, successful and ambitious....this could be a good thing.
He offered to buy me and my gf drinks, was engaging and could hold a conversation, seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say and seemed like an all around good guy. Didn't hurt that he kept complimenting me too. LOL
Having to work early, he left before I did and asked if I could walk him out, which I did, and he went in for the kiss...
But...
He had to kind of go up on his toes to reach my lips, which is when I just plain stopped him! That is too weird for me! I told him next time I won't wear my highest heels and if there is a first kiss it will be more organic, not so mechanically put together with him having to tippy toe it!...
We don't make any solid plans but I'm sure I'll see Mr. Chocolate again soon.

No comments: