I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

July 5, 2010

7/04/2010: Mr. Obnoxious

Sunday

Location: The Oaks Mall

NOW I remember why I took a break from dating...it is horrible!
Having no plans for the 4th since I didn't know if I would have it off or not until the last possible minute, I agreed to a movie at the local mall with a guy I had been blowing off all of June due to my dating downtime and just general business of the new job etc. With it being a holiday and traffic sucking on his journey from Van Nuys we missed the matinee and went next door for a beer and appetizer before catching the later show of "Knight and Day" at around 4:30. 
It worked out okay though: Shared a grilled cheese sandwich and fries and had a beer while talking about work, family, etc. This guy I thought was such a nice guy; teaches kids gymnastics and does stunt work on the side... smokes "a bowl" every morning and pot and pot related things is about all he could talk about! That and his obscene need for a cigarette! 
You would think someone that addicted would have a pack, right? NOPE! He asked our bartender for a smoke. Oh, let me precede that with saying on his profile it said non smoker!...He continued asking anyone he saw, including a little girl no older than 6 with her parents; because he thought he was being funny!
He was loud and obnoxious at the bar...he was loud and obnoxious in the movie. He is like a 12 year old boy who thinks being boisterous and saying whatever is on his mind is hilarious. He was throwing popcorn around, slurping his soda on purpose...I wanted to move seats but it was a packed house and I was stuck for the duration of the movie.
The movie ended up being only PG! Cameron Diaz and Cruise in a PG flick? Weird! But...fitting since I was on a date with a little boy!
After the movie he was looking for me to ask him to stay longer and watch the fireworks or something- he kept hinting at it...well, no...he was hinting at us "making our own fireworks", which CLEARLY would never happen! I instead insisted he leave at once as to not hit the holiday traffic and to be safe from the drunk drivers. He took the hint finally and we parted.
"Hit me up if your ever in LA!" he shouted from his car, across the parking lot....Guess I will be avoiding LA for awhile, just to be safe!

No comments: