I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

July 23, 2010

7/22/2010: Mr. 60/40

Thursday

Location: Ladyface Alehouse
After taking it easy the last month from the dating scene, and ready to have a night out; I met up with a guy who I met from...you guessed it:  online dating site.
He was tall, all American and  ...father of TWO (11 and 14 tears old!)...
He was 5 years older than his online profile said and at 40 with two kids who he has half time, is a bit too much for me. The date went okay but I found myself taking the conversational lead for the duration, which was exhausting after a full day of work! Only highlight was talking about karaoke. He loves it as much as I and most of the date we were just listing songs that other people butcher.
We tried 2 beers each and had bruschetta and split fish n chips. 
When the bill came, we split 60/40, ME! Dissapointing!
No 2nd date in the works, although he invited me to karaoke. It takes a lot for me to turn down karaoke....but I don't want to lead anyone on and I just don't feel anything would ever happen with him.
A nice easing back into the game though. Nothing HORRIBLE happened, except the lies and check split: It's bad that lying isn't considered BAD anymore in the dating world that is my life!

No comments: