I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

December 11, 2010

12/09/2010: Mr. Wisconsin

Thursday

So, is it Rutbeer or Rootbeer? Well, according to Mr. Wisconsin it's pronounced "Rutbeer"...but I guess that's just a Tomato Tamato thing...
I got a kick out of the small accent barriers we ran into throughout the 2 drinks we had. (And some laughs shared)
Mr. Wisconsin was an all-American type of guy, and was a bit old fashioned or mid-western, which I dig. Oh, and he could keep up with me and my sarcasm and wit...not an easy feat for most! :D
I found it was very easy to talk to Mr. Wisconsin and I was quite comfortable around him.
There was no deep conversation about life or anything, just the usual ice breaking topics, the general back stories and the like...so we would have to hang out again to really learn something about one another, but it was a nice first date.
He did pay for the drinks (Happy Hour pricing), but he gets an extra point for taking care of the bill while I was in the restroom...therefore no purse dance necessary, which is very nice!...Although, he didn't walk me to my car, which a gentleman should always do.
I got along with him well enough to warrant a second date, if he were to ask...but it's been 2 days without a call or text, so perhaps he didn't feel the same. Either way, I am still sleeping at night! :D

No comments: