I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

December 11, 2010

12/10/2010: Mr. Local

Friday
Location: Starbucks, TO

Any guy that works with children for a living is alright in my book...add musical talent in there and dashing dark good looks and you've got yourself a date there sir!
Mr. Local started out doing musical therapy for children which turned into a more counseling position, and I find that very admirable. Tough work for a seemingly sweet guy. While not the "All-American" look I usually go for, he was an attractive specimen. Do note the location though: Starbucks. If you've been following me at all, you know I met at Starbucks when I am not really sure I am going to like someone. Easy in/out if need be when meeting for coffee (or in my case tea)...There is no required hour long dinner or 2 drink minimum. You can sit, talk and leave at any time.
In this case, Mr. local got there before I did and texted me for my order. When I arrived, he had my tea waiting for me on the patio. (Please note: I would NEVER allow a guy to purchase a drink for me and have it waiting after the sun goes down...this allows way too much trust in a stranger and too much room for drugs to be stirred into my drink!) Figuring it was before 11am, I drove myself and I was in a location I am very familiar with, I allowed it.
Mr. Local was from the same area (who would have thunnk THAT one from his nickname, right?!)....and turns out we graduated from the same high school a year apart (he being a year older)...he asked if I knew anyone or still talked to anyone from his class and when I mentioned a mutual friend, Mr. Local perked right up. We spent the remaining time together (for the most part) talking about our mutual friend...well that and karaoke....It just so happened we shared a fondness for the art of making people watch you sing.
No real deep conversations with this one either, and it's still way too early to know if a relationship is in the cards, but I would hang out with Mr. Local again, if only to do a duet or two with him ;)

No comments: