I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

May 24, 2010

5/23/2010: Best Date Ever!

Sunday

Location: Saddlerock Winery, Malibu

Late Friday afternoon my boss handed me four VIP tickets to a wine event in Malibu which coincided with the Tour of California bike race. While I am not the least bit interested in bicycles, I am however fond of wine and especially Saddlerock wine, so needless to say I was amped up to go. The challenge: To find someone to go with....
When even my own dad turned me down (shameful, right?), I was forced to take drastic measures to attend, and I am glad I did!
What was this drastic measure I speak of you ask?
Well, I took MYSELF.
Me, myself and I with an extra ticket.
Not having any idea what to expect, I drove up Mulhulland and pulled into the winery. The first thing I see are 2 buffalo, then 2 zebras and then 2 camels...nope! Make that 3 camels. There was a baby sleeping...so cute!
Not sure if I just rolled up to Noah's staging area, a zoo or a winery I proceed down the dirt path to park. 
As I walk up to the camel corral I meet a group of fellow wine lovers who offer to take my picture with the camel. Nice people.
I walk through the entry with my bright yellow VIP paper bracelet and have NO IDEA where to go. Following the rush of people walking up a hill to the back of the winery I find myself back on Mulhulland greeted by hundreds of screaming fans. No, not MY fans, although that would have been AWESOME! :P
The fans were for the bike riders...who knew biking was so popular?
As soon as the first group of riders passed, I slinked my way back into the winery to beat the crowds and grab a bottle. Not coming prepared, I sat on the grass without a blanket or chair and enjoyed a glass of cuvee.
Most of the people were coupled up or had families, so this was not much of a singles mixer, but the scenery was breathtaking. 
I took a walk with my wine to the lake on the premises and then over to the mini horses. While it wasn't a very eventful day, it was lovely. Just me and my wine, the zoo animals and the gorgeous vineyard.
No drama, no weird fetishes, no lies, no awkward pauses...this was the perfect date! hahaha
;)
btw: YES! That camel IS smiling!
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think that is great! You were able to just go be yourself and have a great time. It's not always about meeting someone. I think this is how you will find Mr. Right, by just letting life happen.

Where is the link to "like this"!