I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

May 26, 2010

5/25/2010: Mr. Pitcher(s)

Tuesday

Location: El Torito

So, being exhausted from starting a new work out regime and working two 11 hour days in a row, I just wanted $1 tacos and A margaretta on a Tuesday night. It started out fine since the bar was pretty empty and I was able to quickly order. I noticed a pitcher of beer next to me and only one glass, but I shrugged it off when I didnt see anyone. Just as I started to relax a gentleman who was sitting a few stools over returned from the restroom and sat in front of the pitcher. Evidentally this was his 2nd pitcher of beer to himself! Quietly watching the game he didnt start bothering those around him until after his THIRD, yes THIRD pitcher of beer and the game was over.
Starting with what can only be described as jibberish, I tried to enjoy my dinner by facing the other direction and making it clear to him I was not interested. Mr. Pitcher didn't get the hint because he kept talking. About what I couldn't tell you. At one point he asked me to go on vacation with him in 19 days. When I refused he answered by buying me another margi. I refused but he wouldnt take no for an answer. After his fourth pitcher he was more belligerent than anyone I've ever seen in a bar. He made my quiet little night out miserable and for that I did accept his offer to buy my tacos and soup and 2 more margarettas. When his cousin came to pick his ass up, I was ecstatic. Trying to make the most out of what turned out to be a horrible evening, I made (or thought I made a business connection by giving my business card to him for mural work at the school he does counseling at. 
This turned out to be a mistake when I received not one but THREE phone calls from the drunk the day after. The first, an apology. The 2nd, a recording of a song with the words "I NEED YOU" and nothing more. The third, just more jibberish and a song I didn't recognize along with someone coughing...very annoying!
I am hoping my non response will make him realize I really am not interested!...I may need to take drastic measures and tell him off if this continues.

No comments: