I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

May 7, 2010

5/07/2010: Dry Spell

Friday

We all go through them and while mine was brought on by a nasty, lingering cold, I feel I am almost ready again to pursue my dating blog. To do so however, I need a date!
I have some replies to send out on a couple of the dating sites I am currently using, but who knows how long those will take to flourish into full fledged date nights. Since I have been MOSTLY out of work for a month and barely have enough money to pay my bills, I don't like planning dates I know I can't pay for on the off chance a guy wants to go dutch. With my long history of first dates, I know better to never assume a guy will offer to pay the entire bill! So between the lack of money, spending time with family (so I eat for free), and the cold, I have been off my game for awhile now and starting to feel it. I have learned that I thrive on attention. Shocking, right? LOL! Those who know me are likely rolling their eyes right now...(and I hope they stick like that!) But in all honesty, we all want to be wanted and I miss feeling that way sometimes!
 
I believe my sky diving buddy was turned off by the thought of me sneezing and has yet to return my texts, so I think that's all "she" wrote of him. He was a GREAT date, but I was more into the activity then him. I was trying to give him an honest shot too, kinda a bummer but life moves on! We will see what the month of May will bring me, if anything!...

No comments: