I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 24, 2010

4/24/2010: Mr. G.A.Y.

Saturday


Location: Lazy Dog Cafe


G...gay
A...ass
Y...yeehaw

I love the gays' as much as the next potential "hag", but I dont wish to DATE them in hopes to find my Mr. Right!

So, I know when to take the blame for a bad date! I also know when to blame the date for making me the blame for the bad date...(if that made ANY sense)... at least the bartendress knew my pain and gave me a FREE orange margarita because of it (With a wink) ...
Delving back in the non millionaire pool, I met a guy I found on one of the normal sights I frequent, thinking he was nice enough to meet. 
He offered to drive from Huntington Beach even though I offered to meet half way. Good sign.
However when we met at a local restaurant (local to me), he awkwardly ATTEMPTED to open doors for me, but failed...(like it was his first day on the job of being a man)! He also had me pay for half the drinks/food....which I know, shouldn't be part of my CRITERIA, but, c'mon! FIRST DATE, FIRST IMPRESSION...he failed the purse dance!

So my date was an "artist"...
He didn't drink alcohol...ever...
He only eats meat and potatoes...
And...he MAY have really been gay...

All in all it was horrible and dull! You would think I would get along with an artsy type of guy who ate meat and potatoes...you would prolly think he would be rugged with a soft edge about him....umm...maybe not. More like soft with a tiny rugged pair of skinny jeans!
I need some adventurous spirit, someone who is willing to try sushi or EDAMAME!...I ordered Lazy Dog's amazing edamame and he was literally AFRAID to try it. Its soy beans sauteed in garlic and deliciousness...he got a burger...dry....boring!
When he talked, he used flamboyant hand gestures and a tiny lisp.
It took all I had not to laugh at him most of the time!
Our bartender lady caught most of it and must have felt bad because she actually brought over a free margarita for me...I knew I had broken Patty's rule (Millionaire Matchmaker), when I ordered my 2nd beer after the free margarita, but at that point I didn't even care! I knew I was paying for half and I was already writing my bad review of the date in my head, so I said to hell with it!
This guy didn't even stand a chance in the 2nd half, just like the Lakers tonight!....
Early morning tomorrow is cause for early night tonight, which is why I am not all that sad the date was horrific!...$20 for 3 drinks and an appetizer and a blog entry, not too shabby.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have a rule... never trust someone you can't have a drink with. In my lifetime I have only found one exception to that rule, my Mormon friend that doesn't drink for strict reasons. He is okay in my book. But this dude-ette on your date doesn't pass. He sounds like an old co-worker of mind Stephen L. We all thought he was gay, but not one of us had the heart to tell him he was coming off as gay. We figured he would just come out of the closet when he was ready.