I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 1, 2010

4/01/2010: Mr. PV

Thursday


Last week I watched Millionaire Matchmaker for the first time and thought it might be a good idea to just take a peek at her website for possible tips on where to meet some guys with some money...just for fun. So on her site there was a link to a free dating website called millionairematch.com...again, just for funsies I go to that website, and create a profile. I figure its the same thing as the other free sites, just with verified millionaires, so what the hell!? I received a few hits on it and the guys are a little older then my 28-35 range, but I decided to meet up with one today after a day or so talking on the phone, and texting. He send me an MMS picture of a rose he cut from his garden, but didn't bring it to me..I guess that is the new thing to do? LOL (Save money guys, take a picture of roses at the store and text it to your girl) haha
He was a self made millionaire and is retired at the age of 40 with a 3 year old daughter he has 50% custody of. Living in the Palos Verdes hills right above the Trump National Golf Course, this is where he wants to meet. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS place! 
Mr. PV had salt/pepper hair, expensive sunglasses and jeans on but didn't seem overly pompous. He seemed genuinely attracted to me, although I think a lot of it were my boobs; I caught him glancing a few times from behind his gucci glasses. A professional poker player, avid golfer, freelance consultant, part time father and traveler Mr. PV definitely made a life for himself and it was nice to see where these types of people play, if only for just a little while.
Feeling like I was with Trump himself, it was a little weird that EVERYONE we passed who worked there said hello to Mr. PV by name and it also seemed like Mr. PV gave everyone of them a $5-$10 tip for doing nothing...I guess that is how you get the service and recognition he appeared to receive every time he came here and the reason he likes to bring dates.
As soon as we walk around the corner of the building, we see Mark Wahlberg and he says hello to Mr. PV: I guess they golf together occasionally. This is already a world I am so NOT familiar with and feel like a major outsider just along for the ride for an hour.
We take a walk in the park and look at the water and talk, which was nice then we had a burger outside rather then going inside to the dining room for a real lunch. His excuse was that he had a 2:30 business appointment and he only gave our date an hour cap.
Understanding the necessity of date time caps myself, I am not ENTIRELY offended however I did just drive 1.5 hours in traffic to meet him on his turf, he could have postponed the meeting (If there actually was one)! With not much time left we walk to the front of the building where the valet parked his car...excuse me, his porche suv right in front like a museum piece. Being the poor apartment living no job girl, I opted to park my own car and skip the valet and Mr. PV drove me to my Jetta. He insisted on my returning again soon and wanted to show me his home in the hills next time, for some possible mural artwork (likely story)...so he gave me $100 for gas money for this trip and said there would be another if I came back. I told him $100 was way too much for gas money, but he would not take no for an answer...so I pocketed the Benjamin and went on my way.

No comments: