I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 22, 2010

4/21/2010: Mr. Scotch

Wednesday

Location: Hollywood/Highland

The first THIRD date in a very long time, I owed Mr. Scotch after his skydiving date! We had planned to go bowling because, let's face it- how can you even attempt to compete with skydiving?! Even though bowling is one of the lamest ideas we could come up with, we chose Lucky Strike to make it a little less pathetic...however when we met at Hollywood/Highland, we discovered there was a private event and couldn't get a lane. So we went up to UWink for a drink and appetizer then headed over to Barney's Beanery when UWink closed around 10. It was a low key evening with just a couple drinks and some conversation, oh, and one volleyball trick lesson in the parking structure.
I found out Mr. Scotch played professionally for a couple years. I also found out that he is a little argumentative (in a friendly way) and quite analytical. Reminded me a little of my brother...which is never GREAT for a DATE!
At one point, he called me "KATRINA"...which was just a slip on his part, but I gave him shit for it for awhile! This was our third date and while he opened all doors for me, remembered key facts about me and what I had to say in the past dates, the name slip was a huge foul on his part!
To my luck, Barney's had karaoke on Wednesdays and while Mr. Scotch refused to even get near the stage, I allowed him the pleasure of hearing me do one of my go to songs "Like A Virgin"...hahahah!!! There was a highlight of a 45+ year old woman decked in clothes that should have an age limit of 17, who sang "Magic Carpet Ride" to a group of young men she was attempting to pounce on...
After some shuffleboard and beer we called it a night. Mr. Scotch wanted me to go back to his place (within walking distance), due to the time (it was around 2am at this point), and he explained his gentlemanly intentions of giving me the bed while he sleeps on the floor, however I respectfully declined and drove home (only because I knew my water intake far surpassed my alcohol intake).
Since I lost at shuffleboard I have to plan the next date. No one has gotten a 4th date and I am still not sure about Mr. Scotch...we haven't even kissed or anything, but he is the first to pay, open doors and show a general true interest in me (except remembering my name apparently)...so I think I will see how it goes with another date.
In no way am I exclusive with him or anything yet and I am a little apprehensive about the argumentative/analytical side I just got a glimpse of last night, but another date to find out more wont kill me.

No comments: