I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 18, 2010

4/17/2010: Mr. Scotch

Saturday

Location: Camarillo, CA
So, who's to say you shouldn't get physical on a second date? No...not sexually, silly!
Mr. Scotch asked me on a 2nd date and asked for it to be a surprise. He asked if a 8-9 on a scale of 10 for craziness was okay, and I gave him the green light as long as it didn't involve snakes, spiders or mushrooms. (I should have given my fears more consideration!)
Once the plans were set, Mr. Scotch texted me instructions:
1. To wear comfortable hiking clothes: Jeans, tennis shoes and a light sweater.
2. Take a deep breath, your going to need it!
3. Our appointment is at 4pm, so be ready...
Already my mind was going through the possibilities!


We met at Chili's for a quick light lunch. My first clue for the date was that a full stomach would NOT be a good idea. Other clues throughout the lunch and the ride to our destination included:
  • We would be outside for a total of about 10 minutes or so
  • He was nervous and had done the event once before
  • I may need to sign waivers
I made a few guesses however he would not satisfy me with an answer. When we pulled up to the Camarillo Airport, I had a feeling my initial guess of SKYDIVING had been correct, although my initial guess was the wildest thing I could think of and I didn't think that in a million years it would be true...it was!
I had no time to think about it. Within 10 minutes of pulling up to the airport, I was up in a cessna, hooked up to a stranger and ready to jump out at 10,000 feet! CRAZY!
(The video is here)
(Pictures are here)
I could go on and on about how amazing the skydiving was, but I will get back to the date portion now...
Trying to ignore the fact the skydiving was over $400 for the two of us, and the fact he opted for the extra $200 for video for both of us because I really wanted it...Mr. Scotch was not done at skydiving. Once we landed, we drove to a grocery store and he gave me 15 minutes to find picnic food. He took main dish and I took sides...I grabbed some fresh bread, hummus and some strawberries. He grabbed fresh turkey, veggies and tortillas. We then drove to a Ventura beach where he uncorked some wine and we enjoyed a lovely picnic at sunset.
He made me cry once on the date, but it was because of the habenero pepper he added to the turkey wraps...(I made the mistake of telling him I would spice challenge him on our first date...he won!)
Once the sun set and it started to get chilly, we drove to my local bar for a night cap and some darts. (He won again)
Mr. Scotch opened my doors, paid, good conversation and had me home before midnight, just like a true gentleman! 

I think the skydiving adventure guarantees Mr. Scotch a third date....

1 comment:

KKing said...

thanks Christian!
Where'd you find me and why are you not a "follower"? LOL