I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 8, 2010

4/08/2010: Mr. Lake Show

Thursday

Location: BJ's Restuarant
Who's to say candle light dinners are passe? 
Okay, so it was a birthday candle in a mini pazookie at the end of our meal, but candle none the less...I had to do something to entertain myself on this date, and telling the waiter it was my birthday seemed like a good idea at the time.
You would think a major Laker fan would postpone a date until after a game or on a different night, right? Well, Mr. Lake Show did neither and planned a date DURING a game. It's odd too since my online profile specifically states I don't like sports NUTS. I dont MIND watching a game here or there, but basketball is my LEAST favorite sport and I don't care for those that yell and scream and talk to the TV during a game....especially in the middle of a restaurant!
Getting little conversation throughout our "meal": Which was consisting of me watching him scarf calamari and a big salad, since earlier we had agreed it would just be drinks later on and not dinner, I had eaten already.
There was a lot of awkward silence and blank stares and odd conversation transitions and pauses for game play. It seemed he only would talk during commercials or time outs making it very difficult to converse.
The one thing that kind of saved him was his shared admiration for the movie 3 Amigos and the fact he travels often and is looking for a partner to travel with. I may give Mr. Lake Show another shot if we plan a date without the Lakers. We'll see how bored I get...
(wow that sounded horrible. Oh well!)
I have another date planned for tomorrow evening and another for Sunday. Should be a fun weekend....
One super traditional dinner/movie date and a non traditional pseudo charity event first date...stay tuned!

No comments: