I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

April 12, 2010

4/09/2010: Mr. Shaddy

Friday

Location: Didn't Happen

So I had plans for almost a week to meet this guy from the millionaire site. He had been verified at 5 million+ through the site and I was intrigued to meet him as I have never even met anyone with that kind of money, let alone having dinner with them...needless to say, he already was shorter then my minimum limit (Must be at least THIS tall to ride this ride!), however I was going to give him a shot anyhow and see how it went-wearing flats, of course.
Well, the day of our date came around finally and we were discussing through texts what we would do. He decided on dinner and a movie later on if dinner went well. Super traditional, which is fine by me. 
I asked him what restaurant he was planning and he just told me he would pick something nice, and he wanted me to meet him at his house in Sherman Oaks (Hills?) and that he would drive us both to dinner. When I asked him if it would be alright if I MET HIM AT HE LOCATION rather then his house, he kinda flipped out. 
"If you think I am that shaddy, maybe we shouldn't date"
I explained to Mr. Shaddy that I was not comfortable meeting anyone I met online at their home and preferred meeting in a public place and driving myself for the first encounter. I am a single girl in LA and I am not one of those bimbos you see on the news who get raped and killed for the chance to meet a millionaire or get "famous" by taking snapshots by a photographer...sorry, it's not my style. If I am doing this online dating thing, I am doing it smart! So, after I explained that it wasn't PERSONAL per-say, it is just how I feel comfortable doing things, he pretty much said piss off.
I would think the guys should be impressed by me being smart about the online thing...but he was not!
Anyone who isn't willing to make me feel comfortable on a first date and meet me on location, I want nothing to do with them. I am not putting myself at any risk, be it just feeling uncomfortable, not having a way out or being rapped and murdered, no matter how much money the guy has!
I am finding with these "millionaires" that they are not very considerate of other's feelings. They want what they want, how they want it and nothing less. The ones I have come into contact with so far think they own the world and all the women in it. If that's the case, I would rather be with an appreciative, caring hobo. There are still a couple guys from the millionaire site that I am in talks with, and I am hoping they can change my mind on the topic. 

No comments: