I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

July 7, 2014

I'm Tired

I am tired of being the single person in my circles of friends.
I am tired of being added to my parents RSVP cards because I don't have a plus 1.
I am tired of being the permanent single and not even given a chance for a plus 1!
I am tired of being the one to get the couch instead of a bed because I don't have a cuddle buddy during trips/vacations/sleep overs.
I am tired of ordering 2 dinners for take out so I don't get the pity looks.
I am tired of getting the pity looks when I take myself out to eat and sit alone.
I am tired of not having my own plans and tail coating on friends' plans (being auto included).
I am tired of having groceries go bad before I can eat them because shopping as a single is TOUGH!
I am tired of not having anyone to cook for.
I am tired of going home to an empty place.
I am tired of killing my own spiders.
I am tired of feeling jealous of everyone else's babies/kids pics on FB/Instagram.
I am tired of feeling like I am running out of time.
I am tired of dating.
I am tired of people thinking I am a drunk slut just because I am still single.
I am tired of feeling like I'm not good enough and not feeling wanted (by any guy).
I am tired of not having someone to text throughout the day when I miss him.
I am tired of not having that special connection with someone.
I am tired of not having someone special to share experiences with.
I am tired of not having anyone to wear sexy underclothes for/shaving legs for.
I am tired of not having someone to get dressed up for.
I am tired of blogging.
I am tired of not having someone to argue with about stupid little things.
I am tired of having people assume I don't have plans for the weekend.
I am tired of not having someone to do brunch or dinners or wine tasting with (opposite sex).
I am tired of being in a funk.
I am tired of ex's contacting me to try and cheat on their girlfriends with me. (This has happened A LOT) ;You had your chance with me, now go be a real man and stay faithful to the girl you're with!
I am tired of not getting attention and compliments from a man who wants to be with only me.
I am tired of not having a Halloween partner for costumes.
I am tired of not having anyone to check in with.
I am tired of not having someone to pillow talk with.
I am tired of not having someone to miss when I am out with the girls.
I am tired of not having someone to fantasize about.
I am tired of having someone get slightly jealous when I accidently flirt with another man.
I am tired of not having a karaoke duet partner.
I am tired of being lonely.
I am tired of not having someone to vent to at any given moment.
I am tired of not having a crush.
I am tired of guys only contacting me for "booty calls" and nothing real!
I am tired of feeling like my life hasn't even begun yet.
I am tired of waiting.
I am tired of people assuming I don't know anything about being married or being a mom just because I'm not married and I don't have children of my own.
I am tired of not having a reason to rush home from work.
I am tired of not having someone to buy "just because" gifts for.
I am tired of hearing "WHY ARE YOU STILL SINGLE?"
I am tired of having too much free time.
I am tired of people being jealous that I am single and have so much free time. It's not as fun as you think.
I am tired of not having someone to give me a back rub/massage.
I am tired of the silence at home.
I am tired of feeling so emotional/depressed over being single.
I am tired of not having a man to force me to watch guy movies.
I am tired of not having anyone to take care of.
I am tired of being single.
I am tired of bringing my own jacket.
I am tired of not having a man to order fries so I can steal a few.
I am tired of having to find my own funny cat videos.



No comments: