I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

August 23, 2010

8/23/2010: Mr. Desperate / Mr. Turkey

Monday

Location: At Home

Mr. Desperate had tried to message me several times over the past couple months and while his profile picture portrayed himself holding a bouquet of flowers and a cheesy grin (so lame!), he did not meet my must-have requirements and I didn't get a good guy feeling from his profile, so I chose to not respond to him since it would truly be a full time job to respond to ALL the messages I receive. I kept deleting his attempts and today it got even more desperate than I could have imagined.
"I think you know one of my coworkers" is what he wrote....
Catching my eye since those that know a mutual friend could have a higher chance at a meeting with me than those that have no connection, I feed into his attempt finally and ask who that may be.
He writes back and states he has no idea. "I don't know, I just made that up" was his response. 
Now I feel like an idiot and will never 2nd guess my first instincts on a person!

_______________________________________________________________

Mr. Turkey lives in Istanbul and is ESL (English as Second Language). First, I don't do long distance and 2, I don't do non American. This is all clearly stated in my profile but that didn't stop Mr. Turkey from messaging me.

Mr. Turkey: hi
Me:your way too far away for me.
Mr. Turkey::hımm
Mr. Turkey:have any idea for suprises
Mr. Turkey:?
Mr. Turkey:maybe we can try?
Mr. Turkey:come on what will you lost?
Mr. Turkey:let me ı want to say you something
Mr. Turkey:abouth distance pleasebe relax
Mr. Turkey:cause ı have one experiance before
Mr. Turkey:ı mean 2 years agoı had one relationship from south america
Mr. Turkey:and guess
Mr. Turkey:ı went then she came bla bla
Mr. Turkey:summary
Mr. Turkey:we can solve it dont worry
Mr. Turkey:come on
Mr. Turkey:ım here for try to talk with you
one chance
Mr. Turkey:yahoo or msn
Mr. Turkey:we just try
Mr. Turkey:please
Mr. Turkey:if you will not be happy then we will delet everything
Mr. Turkey:just one chance
Mr. Turkey:no?
Mr. Turkey:ok ..forgive me for disturb you..wishes best

Really dude? 
I could never be with someone I can't understand, and I am not in the market to get a guy a green card!



No comments: