I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

September 7, 2010

9/07/2010: Mr. Everywhere

Tuesday

Location: El Torito

It started with an awkward standoff in the parking lot. Not sure who should cross first and then with two cars blocking our paths, finally Mr. Everywhere ran over and gave me a hug.
By far the most attractive guy I've met, and instantly attracted to him. That being said, still (even more so) skeptical of him however. Usually the pretty ones just want to party and "hang out", although he WAS on match.com, so I am hoping for something more mature.
We go upstairs to the bar, order some beer and $1 tacos and begin to talk.
Turns out, Mr. Everywhere knows EVERYWHERE I've been. He asked where I was born:
Garden City Michigan....turns out he has an aunt who lives there.
I grew up in Walteria Torrance...most of his family went to South High, right down the street and his grandparents live right behind a local burger joint there (Y NOT BURGER).
After high school I moved to Orange County and worked at the South Coast Plaza...which he too worked at around the same time!
Almost not believing him except all the details of the areas he was describing. Almost blew my mind.
I try to tell him about the coolest bar I've been to, up in Los Olivos and before I can even say the name, he does! MAVERICK'S. He has friends who live locally near it and knows it well. 
Unbelievable!
So, Mr. Everywhere is department manager of men's shoes at Nordstroms. Not super glamourous, but it allows him to move around at will, depending on if there is a Nordstrom's and an open position, but he is looking for a real relationship now and looking to settle down with someone who may not be ready to "settle" somewhere....if that makes sense. 
While he may not be the "one", he may be fun to hang at a bar with. Same type of sense of humor, similar likes and dislikes:
likes being College Football, sarcasm, Sushi and chick flicks....Dislikes including: super obese people who don't try to lose weight.

One of the only unattractive things about Mr. Everywhere?
Werewolf hands!
Super hairy knuckles and top of hands! LOL
I know, I shouldn't be too critical!
hahaha
Mr. Everywhere had a 6am LAX pickup of a friend, and he PINKY SWEARED it was a true story, and not a way to cut the evening short: (Which he admitted to doing in the past with woman he met online, even going so far as to going to the bathroom and setting his phone up to ring 3 minutes later!)...I thought it was cute he wanted to pinky swear, cause I do it all the time!
But then he said he wanted to go back to his place to watch a movie cause he wouldn't be able to get to sleep till like 1am anyhow...kinda mixed signal. Then he said he didnt want to invite me over cause he hadn't cleaned his apt. LOL. I wouldnt go anyhow, Mr. Everywhere! haha.
We decided to end the night and in the parking lot we exchanged a friendly hug while he said "Peace out Girl Scout"...Something one of my friends would say! Maybe beginning of a cool friendship, but nothing more?

Likely.

Coolest thing about the date:
Well, it didn't start out cool...Check comes and I reach for my wallet (to be polite knowing however I have ZERO money!) and Mr. Everywhere says, "So, split down the middle or what?" I say yes and fuddle with my purse, "looking for my card" When finally Mr. Everywhere said he'd just take care of it this time...PHEW!...The bill is around $35, but when he gets it back with his card to sign, it says only $10!...He looks at me, shows me the bill, tells me not to say anything, grabs my hand and leads me out in a hurry. HAHA...
While, I don't usually condone stealing, I now don't have to feel guilty for him paying the whole bill!

No comments: