I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

September 16, 2010

9/15/2010: Mr. 40

Wednesday

Location: Stuft Pizza TGIFridays Sunset Terrace/Bed of Truck

Now, I know what your thinking. Is he Mr. 40 cause he was 40 years old? And why was the location the bed of his truck? Did you DO IT with a 40 year old?
No and Hell No.
Let me start from the very beginning...as one of my favorite people of all time said in the movie about Nazi's and the original octomom sans mom said.....

After a horrible week of just feeling shitty, and a dinner with my folks, Mr. 40 asked me to have a drink with him and while I was exhuasted and made sure he knew I would not be all gussied up...I agreed. He was a mutual friend of this guy I know and while said "guy" doesn't approve of me ever "dating" this guy, Mr. 40 offered a beer and I needed it.
So, I walk over to meet him at Stuft Pizza and they were closed. Great. Strike one.
Half more strike that Mr. 40's truck was DEAD!
He tried calling several friends to come jump him (since I don't own cables)...and we decide to walk over to TGIFridays. When we are almost there, Mr. 40 suggests Sunset Terrace. I personally can't stand the place, but whatever. Its a free beer I'm after tonight...I don't care where from.
We get there, order two large Blue Moons and the next 30 minutes (I kid you not) is spent with him texting and calling people to come give his truck a jump. I sit there, as if alone and drink my beer, no saying a word to this guy!...awesome "date" dude!
While I understand the urgency and all of a dead truck and finding cables...it's still a little annoying!
He tried to get his brother down to help him, his dad...(like THAT wouldn't have been awkward)...but everyone says no. It kind of says a lot about a guy when their own brother or dad tell them to F off....no?

When that finally ends and he decides to use his AAA card if and when the time comes, we try to have a conversation,,, but Mr. 40 mumbles and speaks in inuendos and sarcastic quips, (which generally I pick up on)...but given the mumbles, they are hard to make out. At one point I beleive he said that if worse came to worse we could walk back to my place and makeout while we wait for AAA....
Uh...ya right dude!

It wasn't until we decided to walk back to his truck  that I finally started enjoying the evening.
The truck started. Thank God.
He talked me into going through the Jack in the Box drive thru with him, and then to 7-11.
We picked up 2 Michelob Ultra 40's, parked in a vacant parking lot, sat in the bed of his truck and drank them while we were listening to a Journey album on my iPhone.
How awesomly white trash is that?!
LMAO
FML!
I called it a night when I finally had to pee and I jumped out, started walking home and told Mr. 40 good night without much of a warning that I was ACTUALLY leaving.
He drove off, said to call him if I got raped and that was that.

He did text me on his way home to ask me to write back when I got home safe.
I did.
Make it home safely...without much of a raping.
Yay.
Another day of work tomorrow.....another crying session in my car at lunch.
UGH. Are there no real sane men out there who know how to treat a woman?

No comments: