I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

September 10, 2010

9/09/2010: Mr. Britalian

Thursday

Location: Gellato's

At first I couldn't tell if he was from Britain or Australia with the VERY odd accent (that I thought he was faking at first). Turns out, he has lived both places! It took awhile to get use to it, but now I know why a lot of people mistake Brits for homosexuals. LOL
A nice lad though.
We went to order drinks and he offered up a $50 bottle of red wine. I tried to steer him to just a $7 glass but he insisted. Dinner was lovely and while I don't even want to know what the end bill was, I had a nice time. Learned a lot about London and Australia as well. HA!
He is however newly divorced and in the midst of trying to sell "their" house (no, she doesn't live there any longer)...One thing I dislike though: He actually LIKES the valley! Said he could never live in Ventura County cause it is just too quiet for him. This would never work cause I dislike the valley very much. That and I don't know if I would ever get use to calling soccer football! (oh! and I'd just stare at his teeth all the time...super cliche British teeth!)
It wasn't horrible enough however to write Mr. Britalian off completely yet. We have similar sense of humor and had a genuinely nice evening. 

If nothing else, I stay good friends with Mr. Britalian and have a place to stay if I ever travel to London! :)

No comments: