I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

August 23, 2014

I know a friend who has a friend.....

One of the single's most dreaded phrases is, "I know a friend who has a friend that is single!". Like it is so rare that another human being our age is actually still single!
Meaning, they want to set you up with a perfect stranger and think they are PERFECT for you just simply because we are both still single.
I give in every time because the desperate Disney princess inside me kicks and screams at my more rational pessimistic, realistic side until she gets her way.
In this life, you really never know and I might as well meet as many people that come my way. The problem with this is that if it doesn't work out, you have to break it to the friend that introduced the two of you. This can get awkward. If it doesn't work out you run the risk of running into the date at a bbq or event. Hopefully the feeling was mutual but even that isn't something you really want; As a girl, we want the guy to become infatuated but not creepy. Pining over you for months with the thought of "what if" running in his head while he tries over and over to win your affection.
Ladies, this doesn't happen in real life.
You tell a guy NO once or even give off body language that you are not interested in THAT way and you never hear from them again. Even if you are into the guy and flirt and give all the "right" signs, you may never hear from him again! If you try to play a "game", you lose. If you put it all out on the table, you lose. So why continue trying?
Because you never know when your losing streak will change...
Which is why I keep trying and never say no to a setup.
Everyone's luck in love changes at some point....right?
I have to keep believing that.


I went on 2 setup dates last week. One to a Thai restaurant and while I had the BEST Thai yellow curry ever, not much else was great. He seemed like a nice fella but not my cup of Thai iced tea....he texted me the day after but never tried to setup a follow up 2nd date, which didn't break my heart. I could go on and on listing things that I didn't like about him but what's the point? He just wasn't for me; even though he shared a love of costume parties. LOL


the 2nd date was at a burger bistro/bar place that I chose. The conversation was decent but he was self proclaimed arrogant ass...I don't do arrogant well. He was techy and knowledgeable but seemed a little too "high and mighty" for my liking. I was obviously not to his liking either since he never contacted me after our date. He seemed to be one of those smart guys who think they can get a super model and they usually do! I am no super model nor would I want to be one. I want to be loved and known for my brains, not (JUST) my beauty ;)

No comments: