I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

August 22, 2014

Lost Generation

This generation is fucked! With the over sexualized adolescence, lack of moral compasses and integrity, hyped egos causing self centered, selfish self declared single forever morons, the good people with self worth, life goals and modesty are lost in the shuffle of twearking, hook up, snap chatting forever tweens!


I read this blog, and it hits the points I try to make on the head in a much more conscious flow of thoughts (LOL!; I know I tend to be all over the board sometimes!)
http://elitedaily.com/dating/hookup-culture-non-relationship-generation-getting-nowhere/664654/
READ IT! It's worth it.




Songs glorify the "new" forever single lifestyle and make it "ok" to just want f**k buddies and to get f**ked up every night, making girls "back it up" and twerk it for the guys while not caring about the future or working. What happened to creating solid, lasting real relationships and working hard? Dating used to be something you did in order to find the person you wanted to spend your forever with. Now, guys are so terrified of even labeling it as dating using words like "seeing someone" or "just hooking up". It is a shame, really and the media is only making it worse. With songs like " " being so poppy and catchy, the ideals being portrayed are sub-consciously attaching to your brain whether you want them to or not! The "I just want to have fun and not settle down" lifestyle is not only being blasted to the rap lovers and college aged kids; it is now also a popular topic among the country music scene and those over college age with Lady Anntebellums hit song "Looking For a Good Time". We are not safe in any genre now! And by "WE" I mean the old school, strong moral compass, modest, hard working, looking for the real deal seeking romance and marriage and kids types.

Some other songs I've come across this week alone that scream "STAY SINGLE AS LONG AS YOU CAN", "WOMEN ARE NOTHING BUT OBJECTS", "USE WHOEVER YOU CAN GET TO GET WHAT YOU WANT", "IT'S OKAY TO BE SELFISH"......


F**k U Over by The Summer Set


"Dirty Little Secret" by the All American Rejects


"Hangover" by Taio Cruz/Flo Rida


"Looking For A Good Time" by Lady Anntebellum


"Wobble" by V.I.C


If you want to change my mind and show me there is still hope in the world through music, post a comment with a song I should listen to!







No comments: