I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

August 4, 2014

This, That or Terrible!

It's hard being single.
Every time you go out you think you might meet the love of your life. It forces you to go out when you might otherwise go home. It gives you a false sense of needing more mascara. If I had a man already I feel like I would have less stress in my life, less worrying about when it will happen. Less need for the fake smile while sitting at the bar alone wondering if anyone is looking...I could just enjoy a glass of wine alone without feeling judged or at least without caring!
Tonight I got hit on by two extremes. The old guy bragging about his life and all he has and the young entrepreneur starting out and him bragging about all that is about to come to
Him...while all the other guys in the bar stared at the tv screens as Miley Cyrus gyrated on teddy bears symbolizing all other males in this generation of dating! I feel that they all fall into one of these three genres or they are of decent age and just dating someone way too young for them and trying to stay entertained by their incessant babbling while at the bar just to stay with the hot young 'thang' to stay relevant to their male peers. A shame, really.


Granted, I can be overly critical and I am not sure if it is because I am trying to find something I don't like about every guy because I don't give it a fair shot, am going on my instincts and know he isn't the one or if I am too jaded, perhaps too smart to end up with the wrong one or maybe too dumb to not just go with whatever. I am hoping that once I find Mr. Right the little annoying things he does won't bother me so much and I will give him enough time to win me over. I am hoping that something will feel right enough in my gut to give him the opportunity to try at the very least. I do dismiss guys easily for one reason or another and I know that there is the right person out there for them just as there is for me and just because I didn't like them doesn't mean they are bad guys necessarily. A guy will make the time and change bad habits for the right woman. If I wasn't it, that's fine because in the end it will all be for the best.


The search is all part of my journey and it will allow me to appreciate him once I find him all that much more. the problem is just finding that one guy worth my appreciation after all this time! Guys don't mature much past the age of 16, I've found. Horny, stupid, non romantic assholes; most of them are!

No comments: