I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

December 7, 2009

12/6/09: Mr. SERIOUSLY?!

Sunday
 
This guy texted me asking what I would be wearing so he knows me..(this will be important as the story progresses)...We met for tea/coffee at Starbucks in Camarillo...first he texted me the location with a link to Google Maps- so I go to the location...he isnt there..so I call and ask if he would be late. He states he is already there...but uhh...he isnt...Turns out, he went to the wrong Starbucks...he had forgotten which one he texted me...this is already weird. So I ask him if I should find the one he is at or if I should stay put...His choice was for ME to drive across town to where he was at. I thought about just going home (and I should have at this point), but I drive, giving him the benefit of the doubt....boy oh boy should I have gone home!...I get there and he is MATCHING ME...I told him what I was going to be wearing and he took that upon himself to MATCH ME!) this already being weird...he was sitting on a sofa and doesnt get up or anything to greet me- just hands me a liquor store rose we bought me. This was an excellent angle though for me to see that he was BALDING....had just a small patch of hair toward the forehead...There were so many things wrong with this meeting...first he was not caucatisan like he had said online- he was somesort of mix for sure but olive skin...not entirely sure what ethnicity and didnt care enough to ask. I sat there uncomfortably for a half hour listening to him talk about something...again, didnt care enough to really be listening...but I did notice the fact he had this weird face twitch the entire time and he was talking through a mouth full of braces...the teeth he did have (yes, there were some missing) were spaces out way far from each other...If that werent enough, he would stare at me with this awkward creepy glazed over look...and when he got up to walk me to my car he was not 6' as he stated online...in fact he was barely my height at 5'7!...So not offering to buy even a tea or coffee at Starbucks I told him I had to leave. He begged me to stay longer or plan a dinner for later in the evening or another day. I told him I dont think that will be happening and it seemed to completely deflat him. He responded with how gorgeous he thought I was thinking maybe by complementing me I would somehow overlook his dishonesty and (oh so many) flaws...it did not! I waited for him to walk to his car, get in and drive off before I walked back into Starbucks and ordered myself a chi tea latte...

No comments: