I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

January 16, 2010

1/15/10: Mr. USMC

Friday

Location: Das Bunker
While I went to Das Bunker in Korea Town not expecting to meet anyone at all, (since it is a goth/industrial/trance club), after a couple hours and digging the vibe where everyone does their own thing and no one judges you based on looks, I met eyes with this seemingly normal guy on the patio outside among the smoke. After a few glances he came over to introduce himself. Unfortunately it was toward the end of the night. He seemed genuine, although he is a Marine, but to his credit he doesnt have a loyalty tattoo anywhere for the USMC and he hates being in...but he has at least 2 more years and another tour in Afganistan at the end of the year...so, while nothing will happen with him, it was nice to not feel like the only outsider among outsiders and feel a connection with a stranger strong enough to make a new facebook friend, at least. He will be at Das Bunker again next week, and I think I will be as well.

No comments: