I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

January 29, 2010

1/29/10: Mr. Yelp

Friday

Location: Leila's
With a common interest in good food, Mr. Yelp approached me on yelp.com after reading several of my reviews from the local eateries. We exchanged emails and while he didnt sound like "my type" physically, I wanted to try his favorite restaurant, Leila's I have heard great things about....and wanted to try the "not so shallow" thing, of course. Well, the food was TO DIE FOR! So good! I think I found my new favorite restaurant...but alas, no love! He was short, goofy looking and balding...bad. Conversation was a little forced and he...wait for it...loves MATH! This will never work! Me and math have a long lasting hatred for one another, and he is like the math guru. It would be like sleeping with the enemy!...He makes a living tutoring high school kids in extreme math..so, no connection there! He also is a super light weight. We had two glasses of (amazing) cabernet, and he was so drunk he broke my wine glass after stealing the last tiny drop of wine!!! First of all, don't steal my wine drop and second, learn to control yourself, seriously!...While it was nice he knew the owner and it seemed we got (kind of) special treatment, I do not forsee a romantic future with this dope.He did pay for the meal and thanked me for (wowing/impressing) him...whatever that means and he gave me some inside guy information:
If a guy likes the girl he will pay for the meal in full even if the girl offers to split.
If a guy is not into the girl, he will accept partial payment of the meal.
If a guy really does not like the girl, he will try to stick her with the full check.
LMAO
so, I guess he likes me...but the feeling- not so much mutual!
UPDATE: Mr.Yelp sent me an email gushing about his experience and how much he likes me and wants to take me out again...it was almost like one of those grade school notes: Do you like me too? Check yes or no...I checked no and replied back to him as nicely as possible. He responded back with how much money he has in the bank and telling me about how large his house and spa are and telling me he would spend money on me if I wanted just a casual "thing" rather then a "relationship"!...seriousl
y dude? Desperate much? eww.

No comments: