I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

January 26, 2010

1/25/10: Mr. 35

Monday

Location: PF Changs & Claim Jumper (for drinks)
My first date with a gentleman over the age of 32..He is 35 and a successful business man. He travels for business and has a "territory"...sounds impressive, eh?...lol. I'm use to going on dates with waiters, actors, guys in dead end jobs...not guys who have territories!...hahah...jus
t sounds weird. Anyway- Mr. M did his homework on me! He had actually read my profile and retained information...a nice change from those who just glance over the pictures and forget facts about me right after hearing them...could be that he has just been doing this dating thing so long he has learned the little things, (like reading) that girls find impressive!
We met after work at PF Changs and surprisingly he looked like his picture but cuter. Nice change!...Although he isn't much taller than me, he had good social skills (Something I am always afraid of when meeting people from online) and seemed to be very personable. The only downfall with him that I could readily see was the fact he said "SO" after EVERYTHING!...."I had a great trip last weekend for work to Sacramento...soooo...", "That drink really hit the spot...sooooo", "You look exactly like your picture online, gorgeous...sooooo". It started to get annoying!....But all in all dinner was nice. We talked about wine, family, work and after dinner he asked to have a drink with me at another location- so we walked the 50 feet over to Claim Jumper and had a glass of wine at the bar.We continued talking about wine and friends etc. Bonded over camping and wine tasting stories...he paid the bill at both locations without any hesitation...around 10pm we decided to call it a night and he walked me to my car. A quick simple peck ended the night and I drove home.Nothing SPECTACULAR, but nothing really bad either!...so all in all an okay experience! Possible 2nd date candidate! Just weird to think I could date a 35 year old!...I guess that IS within my dating range these days! thats SCARY!......
UPDATE: Date was good and I texted him that I had a nice time. He is out of town from Wed until Sunday, so we'll see what happens...
2nd UPDATE: Mr. 35 came back into town and texted me. Said he had a great time and that I was a great girl/awesome company...but...he is not looking for a relationship so much as just a friendship...which in guy talk means, he just doesnt want a relationship with me....so...that's that for Mr. 35!

No comments: