I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

January 30, 2010

1/30/10: Mr. Youngin

Saturday

Location: Didn't happen
 

Mr. Youngin...a 19 year old who begged to take me out (I AM 27!!) and was flying from Arizona for 2 hours to have brunch with me mis-read the flight information (supposedly) and missed his flight by 12 hours. He made reservations at a french bistro in Santa Monica and it looked really nice...he has over the last week been showering me with compliments and praises and been kinda over the top...he is freaking 19 years old!...I only accepted because he made the flight arrangement's and reservation before I said yes and I felt bad- plus another chance to try another new restaurant on someone elses dime....it's been months that he had been begging me to be taken out, so, I broke down finally....well...it didnt happen...well, it didnt happen with him. lol. He texted me 12 times in the morning saying how sorry he was and that he will make it up to me, blah blah blah...like I was heartbroken he missed his flight...hahahaha...um, nah, not so much man!....I took the reservation and a different willing payer friend and had brunch. It was lovely. (Not a "date", but it was nice)
:D


UPDATE: Me. Youngin contacted me 2 weeks later and without confirmation from me, planned another flight on a Sat. I refused to contact him back...and I received 14 calls in the morning at 5am from him Sat morning!!! I didn't answer any of them, but I guess again he had some kind of flight issue and wouldn't be able to make it, leaving 14 voicemails apologizing!....I didn't even say to come out!...So annoying!

..........................


Tonight is the first 2nd date of 2010 with Mr. Midwest! The first date I've been actually looking forward to. We will be cooking/making tacos at my place and watching my all time favorite movie: The Three Amigos! ...should be relaxing/casual/fun! :D ....90 day rule though! Nothing will happen other than (maybe) kissing!!! (Right mom?) ;)

No comments: