I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

February 1, 2010

1/30/10: Mr. Midwest

Second Date
Saturday


Location: My apartment


After much internal deliberation, I agreed to an in home 2nd date with Mr. Midwest. He seemed harmless enough to invite over without feeling like he would stalk me or anything, and our first date went really well, so I felt comfortable enough with the idea and knew he wouldn't take advantage of the situation...I slaved over the stove for hours...well, okay, minutes....i had to heat up the beans, rice and carne asada I had purchased pre-cooked. (So I cheated!)...I didn't think actually cooking a full meal would leave enough conversation time and this worked out nicely! He arrived around 7:20 after locating my apartment in the maze that is the Biltmores without a phone call for direction. Beer evidentally is the new flowers, which went well with the tacos but was not a romantic gesture of any sort. lol. We made up plates of tacos, put on the movie (The Three Amigos- my all time fav!) and munched on chips and guac and had little conversation throughout the movie. He did laugh during the movie, which is a good sign- he has a sense of humor...but I don't think he was into as much as I was, even after seeing it 75 times myself... It got a little awkward toward the end of the movie when I think we both realized we have said maybe 5 words to each other all night and knew that this point was the sink or swim moment. He kept looking at me and laughing saying that it was kind of awkward, which just made it even more so. I tried to strike up convos to no avail, really and thought to myself "DAMNIT! IT IS TOO WEIRD", until I turned the movie off during the credits and MythBusters was on. Thankfully we shared a common interest in the show and ended up watching 3 back to back episodes despite the fact he had said after the movie he had to go home "soon". 10:30pm turned into 12:30am and he was still on my couch. We got through 5 hours of shared company, dinner, movie, tv and even some conversation after all. A successful date at home which was really low key and relaxing. Yes, there was some kissing and I do think a third date will be in order. However, there were some things about him that I learned that I may not want in a future relationship...I still have some feeling out to do with him before I would commit myself to any type of relationship! He is however the first to get a 2nd date so far...as well as being the tallest, so he has some brownie points adding up on his side. ;)

.................................

So far I don't have any dates lined up for the week. I think I will try to keep it a pretty quiet first week of February and try to fix my sleeping habits. Back to a 7am-4pm shift at work starting Monday should force me to a more normal schedule. Stay tuned, my friends.
..........................
.......

Feeling a little down and lonely this Sunday, thinking I will never find someone who is on the same page/timing as me...ugh. life.

No comments: