I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

February 5, 2010

2/4/10: The DB

Thursday


Location: Bada Sushi

I was going to go to bed at like 7pm after having a headache for most the day, but I got a phone call from The DB saying he was on his way over to take me to dinner. Without even a chance to say no, he was knocking at my door and we were walking next door to grab some sushi...I've known The DB since high school and we tried to date once last year but it fizzled out. This was the first time I had seen him this new year. The type of guy I just feel comfortable around and I can be myself around, we always seem to just pick up right where we left off...He always flakes on me though and I could'nt see myself in a REAL lasting relationship with him even though he always hints at it. He paid for dinner and we walked back to my place. During the walk he asked what my Valentines plans were. When I told him I had none, he asked if he could be my Valentine. Although a super sweet gesture, I couldn't help but tease him a little and joke about the idea...had to give him a hard time...but he seemed serious so I laid off him a little bit ;) ...at my place we talked a little more on my balcony and he left by 10pm...a planned early night in, turned out to be a nice night spent with a friend, which turned into more of a date situation...it was a nice surprise.
Although The DB is planning to move to Colorado if he can get a job there...so if a serious candidate comes along and wants to be my REAL Valentine, The DB will understand, I'm sure. I think it's more of a pity Valentine than a serious one!
UPDATE: The DB took me out again the night after and all seemed to be going well until he flaked on me the following Tuesday when we had planned to go to a late dinner...people never change!...So needless to say, I inquired on Valentines Day and he replied with "Well, I have to work all day Sunday anyways, so you may as well find another date"..AWESOME. I'm done waiting for guys to come to their senses....NEXT!



No comments: