I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

February 28, 2010

2/27/10: Mr. Double Personality/Mr. Shy Guy

Saturday

Location: Crown & Anchor/Denny's
While meeting a girlfriend at Crown after a night of Pirate Adventure with other friends, I saw Mr. Double Personality also sitting at the bar with his friends. A coincidence, not a planned meeting. Once the bar closed and I said my goodbyes to my girlfriend, Mr. Double Personality offered to take me "out" to Denny's. Still wide awake, I agreed, more out of boredom than anything. We sat and talked for hours at Denny's about random, tipsy whatnot. Getting sleepy, I looked at my phone to realize it was nearly 4am! Granted we arrived around 2am, but still, looking at a clock that reads 4am is always a shocker! Right before we left, I recognized a guy from my past coming out of the restroom and stopped him. I had gone to middle and high school with him, had a small crush on him but back then he was SUPER shy! If I had been on a real date, I wouldnt ever call over someone like I did...but the conversation was lacking and I was feeling frisky. It was a very quick hey, how you doing and I introduced the guys to one another. Mr. Shy Guy grew up nicely and seemed ripped and confident (without  seemingly cocky) I gave Mr. Shy Guy a little look, and obviously he caught on because he found me on facebook that night and left a message. We are having dinner next Saturday.
Mr. Double Personality still wants to take me out on a real date and I believe the Melting Pot (fondue) is in our future. Mr. Double Personality is too little/skinny for me, but like I said before, a chance to sing karaoke with someone who can actually sing is enough to keep him around a little bit longer!....He is moving to Nashville anyhow, so obviously nothing will "happen" with him! 
2 more dates lined up for this week or next...successful night, I'd say.

No comments: