I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

March 1, 2010

2/28/10: Mr. Creepy

Sunday

Location: Starbucks
Possibly the first bad date that was actually my fault. LOL! I agreed to meet Mr. Creepy when I knew I was coming down with a head cold. I had spent all day with my niece and 10 4 year old girls at a princess party, trying to over come the inevitable and I believe my sugar high gave me false hopes as to my actual state. I started to crash as I parked my car at Starbucks and it was too late to call it off. Mr. Creepy had driven from the Burbank area to meet with me, and I felt bad he had driven the distance (Although I did offer to drive half way- he refused!)...Mr. Creepy was already sitting inside and had ordered me a tea. I tried to brave through the meeting, looking interested in his stories of growing up in Arizona, but I draw the line at his fascination with spiders, scorpions and snakes...I get that he's a guy, and guy's like the creepy crawlers but when the girl you are sitting across gives the creeped out face more then 5 times and starts putting her feet up on the chair and as a last resort actually verbalizes her disgust, it's time to take it down a notch and perhaps change the topic! Mr. Spider didn't get that, or was actually enjoying my discomfort.
We had talked about possibly going to dinner if all went well with the coffee/tea meeting, but neither of us suggested to move the party. Perhaps it was my hacking cough or sultry deep voice that turned him off, or his bug stories that kept me from pretending any longer that I could hang. I am a great pretender when I wanna be, but this really wasn't worth it any longer. I called it a night and went home to lay in bed!

No comments: