I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

March 4, 2010

3/4/2010: Mr. Halo

Thursday
Location: Bada Sushi
After a night of preliminary moving, I was hungry and Mr. Halo happened to be apartment sitting in my complex. We decided to meet up within walking distance for some sushi. I met Mr. Halo online on okcupid.com and after he told me he was a baseball player (minor league in contract), I was a little hesitant, because I have had a bad experience with a pro player before...but he seemed down to earth enough and took my sarcasm, which was great. We talked about typical first date stuff, family, work...the norm. He paid, which was nice...but he was flashing his hundreds, which I find a little off-putting. On the off season he works in realty, which I guess makes him good money..
After dinner, he had invited me over to the apt he was watching...to play video games!...
Curious, I accepted. (I am still getting over a cold, so I knew nothing would happen), and I had never been invited over to play video games before...He had HALO paused and handed me a controller...I had never played in my life and had no idea what I was doing...he killed me 23 times...in a row..and laughed every time. Determined to kill at least once, still not knowing what I was doing, I started to get frustrated. It was no longer about a date...it was about HALO. 
He got up to use the restroom...and I killed him...twice!
He got back all upset.
He commented how I was the "coolest chick" ever and he wanted to help me move tomorrow. I just used the power of sexy game play to recruit me a mover man.
awesome.
Dunno if Mr. Halo deserves a 2nd date yet or not...we will see how he does moving my desk and dresser first. HAHAHAHHA

No comments: