I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

March 8, 2010

3/5/2010: Mr. Shy Guy

Friday

Location: Tiramisu
So, if you have been reading my blog, you would know that I met Mr. Shy Guy last week at Denny's while out with Mr. Double Personality.
Mr. Shy Guy was an old acquaintance from middle school/high school who, at that time was painfully shy ... (hence the name) ... I had a crush on him but when my efforts went un-noticed, I gave up after like 2 weeks back in the 7th grade. LOL.
Mr. Shy guy and I wrote emails back and fourth and setup a time and place to meet on Friday. He was coming home from a work trip in San Diego and we met in the Valley at 9:30pm for drinks. He had arrived earlier then he had anticipated and was already one drink in when I arrived. He did meet me out front of the establishment though at the time we agreed on, with a huge smile, which was adorable!
We started by re-capping the last 12 years (how long it's been since we have really talked) and he seemed genuinely interested in me, asking questions and retaining information and looking into my eyes. We have a ton in common and he is not so shy anymore, which is awesome. We enjoyed each others' company and 3 martinis later (and water, of course), we called it a night. (He had to work in the morning)
I texted Mr. Shy Guy on the way home thanking him for the drinks and company. I told him I had a great time and that I liked him...I received a text back saying I was great company and that he liked me as well. Another text which asked for another date ASAP made me sleep well that night.
I spent all weekend moving apartments, which was a lot of hard work but I had some good guy friends which made it somewhat fun. Sunday I took it easy and texted Mr. Shy Guy to see what he was up to (It is his only real day off from what he said), and I never received a text back.
I am really keeping my fingers crossed that he is actually the good guy I think he is and that he does in fact follow through on a 2nd date. This is the first guy I have actually been excited to see again...my crush has re-ignited. 
Totally not putting any eggs in the basket yet and still actively out there, but I do really like Mr. Shy Guy.
We share a love of Sleeping Beauty! haha...what could go wrong with that?!

No comments: