I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

February 4, 2010

2/3/10: Mr. B-

Wednesday


Location: Mariscos Cancun, Mexican Restaurant
Taking up a friend on his offer to take me out on a real date after not seeing him for some time was not a HORRIBLE decision, but it got a little awkward when he was trying too hard to make it a date date rather then just two friends having dinner. I have hung out with him numerous times before and every time it had been comfortable and relaxed. Tonight seemed forced and uncomfortable and there was a lot of piercing stares in my direction, like he was trying to look into my mind and pull out my thoughts...kinda creepy. Note to any friends who want more: Don't lead off with talks of past conquests...although I get you are trying to come off as desirable to the opposite sex and boast about your "skills"...this is not appropriate first date conversation, even if we have been friends for a long time. A very awkward attempt at a kiss in the parking lot sealed our fate as 'Just Friends'. Whoever said it's best to be friends first?!?....awwwkkkkwwwwaa
arrrddd!...A for effort, but B- on the date.

No comments: