I am a single, independent Gemini woman living in Ventura County, CA. This is not meant to be some life changing, awe inspiring dating advice blog; it is just me and my random, some times contradicting thoughts and points of view on dating while living in the suburbs. It's not always easy or fun but this is my life and I hope that my experiences are entertaining or informative; if even just to get to know myself better through the therapeutics of writing, I will continue and write when I feel the need to....I've been at this for YEARS now and have yet to find my prince charming, so follow me through my life as being SINGLE IN THE SUBURBS and be glad you're not me! ;)

January 22, 2010

1/21/10: Mr. J2

Thursday

Location: Moz Buddha Bar
A guy I would never even give a second look to at a bar talked me into having dinner with him, and while it was nothing spectacular, it did open my eyes a little to not be AS shallow as I am...maybe. The only reason I agreed was because he guaranteed I wouldn't have to pay for dinner- so having the comfort of not having to do the purse shuffle for the 3.5 minutes while the check sat on the table, was well worth it! I got some good conversation, a lovely meal a new friend and an umbrella. (Yes, umbrella. he had an extra one and gave me the one he had brought in. I didnt have one before tonight)...
While I don't think there is anything sexually there, he was a nice guy. I was a little put off by the fact he often goes for the "classy 40 something women" and "can't stand" the mid to late 20s women he meets....it got me thinking...does he think I am in my 30s?...do I look like I am in my 30s?...gulp.
He was a bit blanned and a self proclaimed home-body but I can sort of understand with his line of work. He is a producer/recorder for bands, so he is consistently at loud shows for work- so I get not wanting to go to a show or loud club or anything on time off...but still...to not want to do anything but sit at home...I have a problem with that. I want a MAN, not a grandpa!...Isn't there some happy medium out there? Granted, he did pay for a $100 meal...can't be all bad! A successful but somewhat boring date night...I would continue a friendship with him but nothing romantic. No spark there.
PS: I thought it was funny he said "I'm not a name dropper", "I hate when people do that", and yet dropped the names of THE EAGLES and MADONNA as people he has recently worked with...hahaha

.........................
tomorrow I will be at Das Bunker again and will likely run into Mr. USMC again. I then have a date with a Mr. 35 on Saturday and then a 2nd date with Mr. Midwest on Sunday...more updates to come!....
.........................
So Mr. 35 got bumped to Monday (tonight) and Mr. Midwest re-scheduled for later this week...so the weekend was un-eventful. I did see Mr. USMC on Friday night and besides the quick meaningless chats outside while he smoked, nothing was really there. A possible friend situation only- he lives in SD and is in the marines for another 2 years with a possible Iraq tour in March for 8 months...nothing could happen even if there was something there!
.........................

No comments: